Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
June 03, 2020, 01:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After school help  (Read 1845 times)
Noreen

« on: March 20, 2008, 12:10:26 AM »

We have heard a lot of people say that there's nothing for the kids to do.  We've also seen the low scores, not just here but across the country, on the standardized tests.  Our goal is to get everyone working together to create a top-notch community, each contributing where they can, for the betterment of the community.  

I was wondering, if we could get the clubouse (right now it's under renovations, but I can check to see how long that will take), support people, etc., if any kids would be interested in an after school homework help/tutoring program?  I am certified to teach secondary math, and if we could get others for the other areas of expertise, as well as middle/high school kids to possibly help the younger ones, it could help solidify what they know.  I thought if maybe we could start one night a week, 3 - 5 or 6 pm, and see how it goes.  Any thoughts or interest?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: