Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
March 31, 2020, 11:26:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: President's Message  (Read 3114 times)
David

Taking Back our Community!...

« on: September 16, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »

Hello everyone, below is the latest "President's Message" as posted on the Mystillwaterlakes site. I believe it was very well written and Ron should be proud to be able to claim he actually wrote it.

As usual, I've included icing to the cake in Red Text.

Presidents Message:  Ron Kluge

Thousands of Americans just like you embark on Community Association ownership every year. (Unaware of the deception and corruption that goes on in many of these said Community Associations.)
They dream of a carefree lifestyle, social opportunities, well manicured surroundings. (…Let’s not forget; maintained roads and sewer system.)   SLCA has a pool, (better said…a hole in the ground that somewhat retains water, with an estimated cost to replace and/or repair of $45,000.00) basketball court, lakes for boating and fishing, an updated clubhouse, (yeah…a clubhouse in which we have a $200K+ loan on…supposedly to fix the roads with) play areas for young children and active committees. ("RE-active committees---case in point-President's Message...HELLO??)  What could possibly darken this sunny relationship? (Let us count the ways…)

Sunny days may turn cloudy for new members who are not well informed on “Community Association living“. (See first paragraph—first sentence above.)  Members may become frustrated when (their money is not used for what it is supposed to be used for) their expectations are not quickly met, or rumors instill mistrust of the Association. (Sorry! NO rumors here, nothing but facts!)  They may see the Association as “overbearing, and meddlesome with rules and regulations”. Action by the Board or management can lead to an adversarial relationship where owners, resentful of rules, fees, forget that the Association is in fact THEM! (Well this statement sure is a cloud to darken a sunny relationship…or better said, “A cloud to do as it's name implies---“CLOUD”.

A fall on the sidewalk or street can become an opportunity to cash in on frivolous and disproportionate lawsuits. (…and a hole in that sidewalk can become an opportunity to divert road’s fees to something else)  The “Association” appears only as the source of a big payout. (DING!, DING!, DING!---so where is our money going?)  A suit against the Association is a suit against one’s self. (cough!, cough!, CLOUD, cough!)  Higher insurance premiums, added costs, can even result in bringing the Association a step closer to becoming uninsurable. (Actually—the “Frivolous” lawsuits initiated by the board is what is doing just that!) (a $9,000.00 legal budget has turned into close to a $60,000.00 legal spending of OUR money----FACT, right Matt?)

SLCA ownership means you as a member and property owner, must adjust to the form of ownership of living within the Community. (Fun fact—Communism is spelled with a Capital “C”. Just thought I’d share that)  “Educate oneself”.  Be realistic in your expectations of SLCA.  Contribute your time as a member of a committee. SHARE YOUR TIME AND EXPERTISE!  Decide to contribute and not just complain.  Propose realistic improvement you feel is needed in the Community (Hmmm? Let’s start with a new board) by attending or joining committee meetings. Help find ways to improve the Association. (…did I mention, “a new board?”)  Help by identifying and reporting potential or actual problems quickly to Appletree Management, or the Board.  Try to know what is going on in the community. (Try REALLY hard—cause this board won’t tell you)  Help the Board and management negotiate disputes if possible. Learn where the Association and your insurance responsibilities begin and end.  Maintain your property; be proud of how it looks to others. (Yeah!...how long did it take for the front entrance wall to be repaired. Definitely something to be proud of) Remember, your property appearance, reflects SLCA and the people who live here.

Understand all covenants, restrictions and rules of SLCA.  (...with emphasis on, "...of SLCA)

Vote on all issues, be involved!!!
Work with your Board, Committees, and management, not against them. Express your concerns to the Board, Committees, and management in writing.  Look and work in favor of community goals, not your own agenda. And remember, SLCA operates on money collected. Try to tender all payments on time, as much as possible. (…or the highly skilled management company will find a way to get it from you.)

I think with education and knowledge of community living, you will better understand we are in this TOGETHER.  We are all responsible for each other’s actions. (…and this is what I have inferred countless times to all the “fiduciaries” on the board)  Report violations of  Rules and Regulations to management or security. Report any and all dangerous conditions or concerning actions observed to Security or management immediately.

Your Board and Management are always ready to listen. (As long as you are in good standing; however, if you talk to your plants, they will listen too, and similarly to our board—they will give off carbon dioxide in return.)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:18:52 PM by David » Logged

Concerned Citizens of a Pocono Community
"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
FIDEL

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »

REPLY TO RON (THE IDIOT) KLUGE

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - POCONO RECORD

Private communities enslave residents

September 15, 2009

Editor, the Record:

Planned private communities are nothing more than a re-invention of the discredited concept known as a "company town."

Today, it is estimated that over 70 percent of residents live in planned communities, here in Monroe County.

Company town definition: "A company town is a town or city which much or all real estate, buildings both residential and commercial, utilities, hospitals, small business such as grocery stores and gas stations, and other necessities or luxuries of life within its borders are owned by a single company."

Planned community definition: "A for-profit, not-for-profit, or unincorporated community in which all real estate, buildings commercial, utilities, hospitals, small business such as grocery stores and gas stations, and other necessities or luxuries of life within its borders are leased or owned by a single company."

The one exception: Residential units are owned by residents, who are obligated by contract to pay for all of the expenses related to the operations of all real estate owned or leased by a single company. Resident have no ownership rights concerning all real estate owned or leased by the company. (See UPCA)

"Unit owners" are deemed to own their individual units. However, like in the old company town, the board of directors can pass a rule or a regulation, telling the residents what color knobs they must have on their kitchen cabinets, or what size American flag they may display on their own property. The idea that unit owners own their own unit, is a joke!

Unit owners have to gain employment outside the community, and bring home a pay check, to meet their obligation as the financial backbone for resources owned by a single company. A company managed, (not by idiots like Ron Kluge but) by avaricious profiteers like Appletree and attorneys like Alan Price Young.

Planned communities are "private actors" whose residents are stripped of constitutional protections, a classic example of an industry which should be relegated to the same trash can of history, as indentured servitude.

Pocono Summit

Inquizative

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 08:10:58 AM »

A quote from the series Wearhouse 13........"To equate wisdom with occupation is insulting".

•   People’s deeply ingrained assumptions, generalizations and images influence how they see the world and what actions they take (McNurlin, B. & Sprague, R. 2006).
•   The only sustainable competitive advantage is the ability to organize effectively, respond to change, and manage well (Lawler, 2003).
THE EXPERT

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 09:45:39 AM »

Dear Ron KLuge:

Below is a diatribe put forth by David Weinstein, before threatening to sue himself (SLCA) over the replacement of Hawkeye Run Bridge, which cost this community over $200,000! The self-serving little Devil, he forgot to mention that his property was getting flooded! If you read what Mr. Weinstein wrote then, you would get the impression that he is against "secret meetings" and against "actively preventing me from finding the records."

Ron:  You should demand the resignation of David Weinstein, if for no other reason than pure hypocrisy! After you read this, ask yourself, who allowed the Sewer System to fall into a state of total decay!?

"REBUTTAL -(Summer of 1994)

Once again it becomes necessary for me to correct Mr. Ted Bomba for his extreme-liberties with truth and perceptions of reality that appeared in his Summer 1994 article of the Stillwater Gazette, “Hawkeye Run Bridge Update”.

I brought the Hawkeye Run Bridge matter to the attention of DER in December of 1985, after several attempts at having the Board of Directors of the Stillwater Lakes Civic Association, Inc. compel the original developer, Sun Dance Stillwater Corp. honor their agreement to correct the bridge installation.  DER inspected the bridge on February 26, 1986, and found that the bridge was constructed by the developer without following DER regulations or without benefit of a DER permit.  I turned the DER response to my letter over to Attorney Richard E. Deetz who was the solicitor for the Association.  Attorney Deetz provided DER with the data necessary for DER to commence enforcement actions against the developer, Sun Dance Stillwater Corp..  On August 28, 1986, the Board of Directors adopted a resolution declaring an emergency condition with respect to the Hawkeye Run Bridge

On April 18, 1987, I wrote. to Jack Kalins, president of Sun Dance Stillwater Corp. demanding that he go forward with the bridge repairs that he owed our community. Mr. Kalins wrote back indicating that he was awaiting engineering information from RKR Hess before discussing the matter further with our Board of Directors.  The matter seems to have been neglected by the Board of Directors, because nothing was done to enforce our rights against the developer.  The statute of limitations has run against any rights that we had to sue Sun Dance Stillwater Corp. to either make them bring the bridge up to DER standards or make them pay the bill for the work.  Mr. Ted Bomba was a director of the Stillwater Lakes Civic Association while our rights lapsed.  Mr. Ted Bomba was asleep at his watch.  He claims that he knows nothing about the bridge problem.  If we are required to pay for the repair or replacement of the bridge to comply with DER requirements, it is because Mr. Ted Bomba let our rights lapse, not because David Weinstein focused community attention upon the problem at a time when we had recourse against the developer.

In my capacity as a member of the Board of Directors of the Stillwater Lakes Civic Association since 1991, I have attempted to see the engineering reports that are on file with the property manager in an effort at resolving a potentially dangerous situation at the bridge.  The road bed of the bridge is crumbling at the shoulder and does not provide any factor of safety for the children of the community.  Mr. Ted Bomba went to the Association Solicitor and obtained a ruling that I am not entitled to see any Association records regarding the bridge. Mr. Ted Bomba has intentionally prevented me from performing my fiduciary duty to this Association. Instead of recognizing that we as a community must address this issue. Mr. Ted Bomba has elected to place his own anger against me over his duties to the community.  Or is there more to the story? Could Mr. Ted Bomba be actively preventing me from finding the records that show how  he let your rights lapse so that you will not see the proof?  If a child" were to fall under the railing of the bridge at the edge where the road is crumbling, and become hurt, we will have Mr. Ted Bomba to thank for the injury, and for the lawsuit that we will face.  Remember, it was the Board of Directors who declared the bridge an emergency condition, eight years ago.  The condition of the road has not improved over the course of time.

I have never shown any member of this community photographs of the condition of the bridge.  I have undertaken the task of removing debris from the illegal culverts for the past eight years, and I have worked in a effort at protecting your rights.  I attempted to go to one of Mr. Ted Bomba's private meetings with the residents of Section H-4, but was told that I had to leave. The Association by-laws do not allow Mr. Ted Bomba president of the Association to conduct secret meetings.
It seems that David Weinstein is not the one to whom you should send your note of thanks when we are all assessed for the bridge repair work by DER.  Send your thank you letters to Mr. Ted Bomba, the board member who let your rights, against the developer lapse, leaving you with no recourse.  Nice job of performing your fiduciary duties Mr. Ted Bomba."

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:55:56 AM by THE EXPERT » Logged
David

Taking Back our Community!...

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »

What are you saying here Expert?...that Mr. Weinstein had his own private agenda back in the day?

Didn't Ron mention something about "Private agendas" in his "President's Message"?
Actually, the person that wrote it for him, whom we'd affectionately like to call "Helen Keller" for the moment, mentioned private agendas.

As far as one other thing Helen wrote about..."A suit against the Association is a suit against oneself..."

Well, here's the definition for D&O insurance---the one the board lost (Effective October) because of their frivolous lawsuits.

Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (often called D&O) is liability insurance payable to the directors and officers of a company, or to the organization(s) itself, to cover damages or defense costs in the event they suffer such losses as a result of a lawsuit for alleged wrongful acts while acting in their capacity as directors and officers for the organization. Such coverage can extend to defense costs arising out of criminal and regulatory investigations/trials as well; in fact, often civil and criminal actions are brought against directors/officers simultaneously.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:18:54 AM by David » Logged

Concerned Citizens of a Pocono Community
"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: