Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
October 31, 2020, 05:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sewer Assessment Update!  (Read 19881 times)
David

Taking Back our Community!...

« on: September 30, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »

Well folks...I have bad news.

A few days ago another homeowner brought it to my attention that when he called his insurance company to get the additional "Loss Assessment Coverage" added to his policy that he was specifically told it would not cover if the association were assessed for sewer repairs due to poor maintenance. As it turned out, he has the same carrier as I, so I decided to call my agent to give the specific detail of our "Sewer" situation and it was confirmed that they would not cover us for the estimated $9000+ per house/lot to repair our sewer system.

Me personally, will be keeping the coverage, as it will cover beyond any insurance the board has in place if the association were sued due to anyone getting hurt on our crater filled roads, pool or lake.

As for the sewer assessment...well...thanks again to Ron and the other board members (this includes the two new ones that to date still have not sang like canaries of what is really going on)
...and I'm not referring to Noreen or the X-board member April!!!

Below is a copy of an email I sent to the PA DEP about three weeks ago. Below that you will find DEP's response. I've omitted the name of the DEP Agent that sent it to me for a good reason.

My Email

Greetings,

My name is David Nieves. I am a resident of a private community known as Stillwater Lakes Civic Association (SLCA).

I am writing this email to inquire on some specific information regarding Stillwater Sewer Corp., which is currently owned and operated by SLCA.

I and other unit owners within our community, would like to know the status of the sewer issue that we all share a major interest in, as we would be all assessed in the event that our sewer would require a major overhaul. To the best of my knowledge, our sewer system is estimated at close to $8 million dollars to repair. This would basically amount to just about $9,000.00 per homeowner.

I would really appreciate a response that would include full disclosure of any on going correspondence with our board of directors, as well as any outstanding fines and/or violations on Stillwater Sewer Corp.

It is to my understanding that under the "Right-to-Know Law", 65 P.S. §§67.101-67.3104; Pennsylvania Management Directive 205.36, as amended November 20, 2008, I am entitled to the requested information.

I thank you in advance for your quick response to my request,

Sincerely,

David Nieves

DEP’s Response

As per your request, following is a summary of the status of Stillwater Lakes.

The Stillwater Sewer Corporation has spent over $1M on sewer rehabilitation projects with little, if any, documented decrease in infiltration/inflow to the system.

The Department of Environmental Protection met with representatives of Stillwater on 3/14/2008. It was determined that an Act 537 Plan was to be developed by the Stillwater Sewer Corporation and submitted to the Department for review and, ultimately, approval. The Plan was completed and submitted to the Chairman of the Corporation, Mr. Ron Kluge, in February 2009. The Department has not yet seen this Plan as of this email. After contacting the Corporation's engineer, it was determined that the Plan is still in the Chairman's posession. The normal sequence for this type of plan is as follows: Stillwater Sewer Corporation submits the Plan to the Civic Association, the municipalities and the county for review. The Plan is updated, if needed. The Plan is adopted by the Corporation and Municipality and submitted to DEP for review and approval.

To date there have been a number of overflows documented by DEP, and there will be penalties assessed for these violations. However, we would much rather see the money being used towards the recommended solution in the Act 537 Plan than being placed in the Clean Water Fund as a stipulated penalty.  

There are actions DEP can, has and will take if the situation is not resolved. The Department has the authority to order the Stillwater Sewer Corporation to implement the Plan and abate the overflows, or the Department can enter into a Consent Order and Agreement with the Stillwater Sewer Corpration. The former ends up in Commonwealth Court, the latter does not. As of this date, an Order is in draft form. Details of this document cannot be made public until it is finalized and the order is put into effect.

I hope this answers any questions you may have regarding the status of Stillwater Lakes. Should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

***************************************************************************************************

Thanks again to Ron Kluge and his group of:
See no evil
Speak no evil
Smell no evil
Hear no evil
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:56:44 PM by David » Logged

Concerned Citizens of a Pocono Community
"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
puchichis

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »

The more i read, the more pissed i get Angry
David

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:27:43 AM »

Below is an excerpt of an old post back in May 30th, 2008 by one of the registered members of this site (the unofficial one)

"I know that there are a lot of people unhappy with the board of directors.  I know there are a lot of questions that need to be answered. I believe if you keep digging you will find those answers. I know there are allegations and suspicions of corruption.  But does anyone here have any concrete evidence?... of anything?  If so, What are they?  Come forward with it, really in a court of law Concrete Evidence is what counts not circumstantial." (E.H. 2008)

Hmmmmm???

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
David

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »

Isn't "Titanium Evidence" harder and more solid than "Concrete Evidence"?

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
FIDEL

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »

Concrete Evidence, is that like "cement shoes"?

You know, at the bottom of the ocean, swimming with the fishies!

David

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »

Don't think I know of anyone that could possibly "swim with the fishies" while wearing cement shoes; but as for the titanium evidence...thats like the bars within a "specialized" institution.

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
THE EXPERT

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »

THERE WERE OVER 400 DELINQUENT HOMEOWNERS IN THIS COMMUNITY THEN:

WHY DID SCHMERBER, KLUGE & WEINSTEIN ONLY GO AFTER COLLAZO?

PUERTO RICAN? CUBAN? OR DOMINICAN?!  WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE MARIA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVEBV_iFic

Inquizative

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 06:55:57 PM »

WOW!, Is this video interesting!  It speaks volumes!
Thank you for sharing.  I always love factual evidence.

You can see all of the audience and the solicitor looks like the one on the Coolbaugh township board presently.....very interesting.

•   People’s deeply ingrained assumptions, generalizations and images influence how they see the world and what actions they take (McNurlin, B. & Sprague, R. 2006).
•   The only sustainable competitive advantage is the ability to organize effectively, respond to change, and manage well (Lawler, 2003).
THE EXPERT

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »

Inquizative:

On the video you hear Association President, Nancy Schmerber, telling the Township attorney, that DuChemin (Collazo's next door neighbor) was on a "Payment Plan!"  All other houses which had been disconnected were unoccupied, and made the claim that no one was living in them!

Comming soon! 

Video Starting Tom Wilkins and Nancy Schmerber Entitled:

""THE PAYMENT PLAN!""

Inquizative

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 04:47:40 AM »

Had to share this.

•   People’s deeply ingrained assumptions, generalizations and images influence how they see the world and what actions they take (McNurlin, B. & Sprague, R. 2006).
•   The only sustainable competitive advantage is the ability to organize effectively, respond to change, and manage well (Lawler, 2003).
Inquizative

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 04:50:50 AM »

sorry,

Had to share this.
I can't get my attachement to work.

David

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »

Fixed it! Grin

http://www.stillwaterlakes.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=136.0;attach=40
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:03:38 AM by David » Logged

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
THE EXPERT

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

Look what I found !

here is a very interesting video. Pass it around.

You'll discover why we need the P.U.C. in SLCA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whL6Wpt64N8

Just make sure you are not about to have any meal for the next two hours.
David

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »

Here's another video to educate the homeowners in SLCA who still may not see the light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dbKBP-Hq8

The video is a Las Vegas news segment on HOA's, but if you listen carefully to it, you will notice how it hits so close to home.

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
THE EXPERT

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 08:38:42 PM »

David:

Who cares about Las Vegas
We have plenty of shit going on right here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whL6Wpt64N8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVEBV_iFic

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: