Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
October 29, 2020, 10:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: SLCA OFFICIAL WEBSITE  (Read 26722 times)
catsrus

« on: March 31, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

Smiley :)HEY EVERYBODY AT THE MEETING THE BOARD ANNOUNCED THAT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF STILLWATER WILL BE COMING OUT VERY SOON.  I AM VERY EXCITED.  I'LL CALL THE OFFICE AND FIND OUT THE NAME OF THE SITE AND LET EVERYONE KNOW. 
STONEHEAD2505
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »

LET US KNOW!!!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:53:42 PM by STONEHEAD2505 » Logged
Noreen

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »

Catsrus - When you call the office, can you check to see how much they are spending on the development of "their" site, where they will have total control and will "censor" all material (their words as per the minutes), as well as yearly maintenance?  We have offered them an area on this site where they can have full control, free of charge.  Again, they're spending our money needlessly and recklessly, while the roads and the sewer fall into total disrepair.
GeorgiePorgie

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:51:37 AM »

Hi Ruben:
I really like all your posts, but it would be nice to put them in the right category, anyway, this thread I may say is about the WebSite proposed by the board, and here is my take on it, even though I wrote about the subject before:

As an excert from CatsRus  previous post:"  I often wonder how many people on this website actually pay their way in this community.  I would hate to think that people in bad standing are not only bad mouthing everyone, but giving out false information to the good peope of this community. 

and Bla Bla Bla again and then "  I thank my lucky stars there are people in charge that give a hoot and KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT."

So here is the question :

What about false information presented by board members to the good community members in proper standing just before a voting procedures ?
The good people of this community are simply being deceived to serve the agenda for at least couple of members of the  board. 

As far as those people in charge who know what they are talking about, I bet none of them know to ask for the Source Code of the newly proposed Website, since none of them would  even know what it means, or what the implications would be for not having such a thing, only time can tell, and at one point will prove their ignorance; the two most important things in any community are the sewer functionality ( being Number One ) and the access roads, our board had failed us unfortunately on both. So what makes anybody think they can do better in any other field ?
The security is outsourced therefore the cost is exuberant, and all other commities up to now are just a distraction.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:29:49 AM by GeorgiePorgie » Logged
puchichis

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:34:06 PM »

Just another tool to milead and misinform us.
Inquizative

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »

Hello everyone,

Slowly but surely the official web-site is functioning.  I need someone to see if they can log-in and see the various things on it. If you do not have a log in and password please request one and an e-mail will be sent for confirmations.

There are 3 surveys, a forum (called "board") and a bulletin for posting messages(like the presidents message).  If you can log on please take time to fill out the surveys that are posted.  Spread the word about advertising on it.

Advertising on it(the website) will pay for itself and if that happens it will be less money out of our pockets to keep it running.  Advertising information will be obtained once an e-form is filled out.

•   People’s deeply ingrained assumptions, generalizations and images influence how they see the world and what actions they take (McNurlin, B. & Sprague, R. 2006).
•   The only sustainable competitive advantage is the ability to organize effectively, respond to change, and manage well (Lawler, 2003).
GeorgiePorgie

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »

Hi April:

You must be very busy, or distracted, can you please tell us the web address, so we can copy and paste it, you left that part out.
Inquizative

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »

George,
     Yes, I am busy and I was distracted all at the same time. Sorry.  Here is the link you can copy and paste it into your web browser:

http://www.mystillwaterlakes.com/outside_home.asp

To Everyone:
 Please let me know if or what problems you have for getting access to this site.

-April

•   People’s deeply ingrained assumptions, generalizations and images influence how they see the world and what actions they take (McNurlin, B. & Sprague, R. 2006).
•   The only sustainable competitive advantage is the ability to organize effectively, respond to change, and manage well (Lawler, 2003).
SODOM

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 01:21:40 PM »

APRIL,

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE BOARD WILL BE BLOCKING “UNDESIRABLES” FROM OUR “COLLECTIVELY OWNED” WEBSITE.
HOW MANY LOT OWNERS HAVE BEEN BLOCKED?
Inquizative

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »

Sodom,
       Permissions are allowed via "good standing" status.  Having access, all depends on if names and addresses are presented to the host's web site.  All one has to do is request a log-in and password, when prompted enter name and address but, please, use the physical address of the property owned in the community.  It helps the host of the website identify "good standing" status.
-Hope this helps. 

-April

puchichis

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 03:57:01 PM »

I see that the kids playing basketball in the photo banner of the website is not our basketball court. That is deceptive advertisement and not a proper display of our ( SLCA ) poorly kept and rundown sports facility. I bet that the picture of the family riding their bikes are not from this community either. Another way the board shows it's deceptive ways.
Spitfire

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...and let's not forget the picture of the Schnauzer taking a Schnitz!

Who the heck's dog is that?   Grin
Spitfire

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »

Sodom,

All due respect...what do you mean by "undesirables"? Sounds too much like the board's version of "Deadbeat".

Will the homeowners faced with the decision of paying their mortgage, heating, water, electric bills; over paying their dues because they may just be making ends meet, fall under the category of "Undesirable"?

Spitfire A.K.A David Nieves  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Kiss
Inquizative

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »

Dave,
     I hear you loud and clear.  It is really difficult with three kids and one person with limited/seasonal income supporting the household.  We have to play the juggle game and some/most times bills are dropped. 

To All:  The website has preloaded pictures on the homepage.  If you have some NICE pictures, (lol) of the community you can e-mail them to me and I will try to put them on.  Autumn is coming and the back lake looks really nice when the leaves have various colors.  Has anyone seen the surveys I posted? Can anyone log-in?  Did anyone get passwords and ID's?
-April

SODOM

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 03:38:30 PM »

If your status has to be in "good standing," does that mean that deadbeats are not allowed?  How about political critics?  How about the "SILENT MAJORITY"?  What is the purpose of this website other than a private community gossip, “for yentas only"  forum.   Am I right, Dave!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: