Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
March 31, 2020, 11:44:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oldie, but a Goodie  (Read 5704 times)
David

Taking Back our Community!...

« on: October 21, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »

I just came across this article that ran just this past June; not sure how I missed it.

What does it have to do with what is going on in SLCA?........time will tell!

Corruption in Monroe County PA
By HOWARD FRANK
Pocono Record Writer
June 07, 2011

Monroe County's district attorney is convening a grand jury to look into criminal activity that may include political corruption by township officials and employees, according to a court filing.

President Judge Ron Vican approved a new investigative grand jury, designated as the Fifth Monroe County Investigation Grand Jury. Prospective jurors will be summoned to appear Oct. 4.

The current grand jury, the fourth, expires this month.

Monroe County District Attorney David Christine said he could not comment on what the grand jury will investigate.

The empanelment of a grand jury is public information, but the nature of its investigations are secret by order of the court and statute. Those who defy the secrecy of a grand jury are subject to fines and imprisonment.

Grand juries can be convened for a number of reasons, according to the petition filed by Christine. That includes mysterious deaths, pending homicide cases and real estate and election fraud.

The petition cited "corrupt organizations, public corruption, including, without limitation, corruption by township officials and employees and white collar crime" as among the areas fit for grand jury investigations.

A grand jury can issue a presentment, a non-binding recommendation to the district attorney of what charges can be filed as the result of an investigation. The district attorney can accept all or none of the recommendations.

Several recent high-profile cases were the results of grand jury investigations.

Last year, former Reeders pastor Arthur Burton "A.B." Schirmer was charged with murdering and fabricating or tampering with physical evidence in the July 2008 death of his second wife, Betty Jean Schirmer. Police say Schirmer inflicted fatal injuries on his wife and then tried to make it look as if a car crash caused those injuries.

In 2008, Thomas Cook Jr., former owner of Wayside Apartments in Price Township, pleaded guilty to murdering tenant Randy Huegel of Easton in August 2001, and burying his remains. A bullet hole was discovered in Huegel's unearthed skull.

To fill 23 grand jury seats and between seven and 15 alternate seats, 130 Monroe County residents will be summoned. The pool of jurors are randomly selected from a variety of records, including tax and driving records — just like a regular jury.

A grand jury can be active for up to 24 months, or until the grand jury itself decides its investigations are complete.

The petition to form a new grand jury was approved May 31. Monroe County Court Judge Margherita Patti Worthington will serve as supervising judge of the grand jury.

Concerned Citizens of a Pocono Community
"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:30:34 AM »

Thanks David.

Talking about Corruption, if any property owner is interested in what's going on with the SLCA's Lawsuit against this website, or if you’re just interested is seeing how your money is being spent, visit The Citizen Media Law Project (CMLP) hosted by Harvard University’s.  Part of their mission is protecting the legal rights of those engaged in speech on the Internet.   They started a database that contains lawsuits and other legal threats directed at those who engage in online speech.  SLCA's lawsuit against this website is in the database and already has been viewed approximately 2500 times. 

To view the Stillwater Lakes Civic Association lawsuit against this site http://www.citmedialaw.org/threats/stillwater-lakes-civic-association-v-gorka.

How your money is not being spent: Roads, Amenities, not even for hot dogs duing the 2011 annual picnic.  In my opinion someone must have embezzled funds, probably someone who has been on the Board for many years.  We should ask Matt, Davie, or Ron what they think could have happened to all our money.  This is not to imply that Matt, Dave, or Ron have anything to do with stealing our money, I just know that they have been on the Board for a very very very long time.

Crime Scene                                Crime Scene                              Crime Scene
ANNA MAE K MILLS

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »

FIDUCIARY DUTY!!!!!

Long forgotten,replaced with greed,corruption and apathy!! Huh 
           Put people in office that know the true meaning of FIDUCIARY DUTY!!
           Local,county,state and federal!!!!!     
admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »

The good part about greed and corruption is that it can almost always be trace to embezzlement or the act of dishonestly appropriating or secreting assets by one or more individuals to whom such assets have been entrusted. 

Embezzlement is a premeditated, systematic and/or methodical act with the explicit intent to conceal the activities from other individuals, usually because it is being done without their knowledge or consent. Often embezzlement involves the trusted person embezzling only a small proportion or fraction of the funds received, in an attempt to minimize the risk of detection. If successful, embezzlement can continue for years (or even decades) without detection. It is often only when the funds are needed, or called upon for use, that the victims realize the funds or savings are missing and that they have been duped by the embezzler.

In SLCA's case, we now need the reserves for the sewer, roads, and common property but where is our money?Huh??  Please attend every board meeting and ask the Treasurer where is our money.

We have been duped by an embezzler.  Only time and the will of property owners will reveal who duped us.
admin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 01:59:12 AM »

More on Embezzlement
Embezzlement is defined as the misappropriation of items with which a person has been entrusted. Embezzlement differs from larceny in that the perpetrator of embezzlement comes into possession of property legally, but fraudulently assumes rights to it. Charges of embezzlement can even be levied if the embezzler intended to return the property later.

For example, if a property manager for a HOA fraudulently convince a bunch of dumb board members to sell a deeded asset like a planned developments First Right of Refusal and profits from it, charges of embezzlement can be sought. 
admin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 02:14:51 AM »

Even More on embezzlement

In general, to establish a case for embezzlement, you must establish four elements, each beyond a reasonable doubt:

(1) a fiduciary relationship between the defendant and the party who lost the property;
(2) the property came into the defendant's possession through that relationship;
(3) the defendant fraudulently assumed ownership of the property; and
(4) the defendant intentionally misappropriated the property.

Embezzlement has steep penalties. While specific penalties will depend on the value of the misappropriated property, penalties can include prison time, fines, probation and other punishments. In addition, a person can face serious reputation damage, jeopardizing his or her personal and professional future.

Some food for though: property can be an asset like a First Right of Refusal, a water company, a sewer company, or capital improvment and road funds.

admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »

On the subject of embezzlement, on April 14, 2011, the Stillwater Lakes Civic Association's Board of Directors mailed a Quarterly Report concerning sewer system repairs to the PA Dept. of Environmental Protection.  In this report the Board informed the agency that they are going to propose to the Community a sewer special assessment for on-going repairs in the first quarter of 2011, pending Finance Committee review.

If the Board cannot obtain any support or funding from grants, which is unlikely, the assessment can be as high as $10,000 per sewer customer.  The 10 million dollar question is where did the millions of dollars collected in the past from sewer fees go?  Obviously not into the sewer system or the roads, not into the water company they sold for next to nothing which is probably what it was worth for lack of investing water usage fees. 

Where did your money go?

Ask the board, President Ron Kluge, and Treasurer Matt Ducey, both of whom have been on the board for over 10 years, exactly what they've been doing with our money, at tomorrow's meeting, Saturday, November 19th, at 9:30.
admin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »

Correction!  During the November 19th, 2011 open Board meeting the Board (aka Matt and Ron) apparently changed their mind/lied to us AGAIN.  They told the DEP they want to do a sewer assessment.  Ron Kluge has mentioned at the last several meetings he wants to do a road assessment.  Now on Saturday he and Matt Ducey said they want to do BOTH a Road AND Sewer special assessment

The question as to where did the millions of dollars collected in the past from sewer fees, road maintenance fees, common area fees, and water usage fees go?  They won't say...or show proof of where it all went. 

The Board also plans on continuing to charge property owners for security services not being rendered.  A responsible Board would just end security services since most property owners can't afford it.  Most people can't afford the trumped up road and common area expenses much less security. 

And a special "welcome back" to Nancy Schmerber, former board member for years, right along with Matt, Ron and Dave, who was illegally appointed to fill Noreen's seat that she was illegally removed from by Ron Kluge.  As we see the money and roads disappear that's a good tactic - bring in the same crew that got us here!

With only eight property owners attending these meetings, I guess they believe the other property owners don't care and they can do what they want without regard to the laws and rules with no repercussions from the residents. 
FIDEL

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »

NANCY SCHMERBER!

YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!
   THIS WOMAN SHOULD ARRESTED, AND NOT BE ALLOWED NEAR THE CLUBHOUSE!

This ugly, evil-looking woman is the one who was responsible for the tremendous cost in legal fees incurred by property owners during the Schmerber/Thomas Wilkins Era.(1995-2007)

Have you all forgotten the devastating defeat that was handed to her Board; by a Federal Judge in 2002?

Have you all forgotten the 1995 letter from Zavada Associates (SLCA Accounting Firm) to Thomas Wilkins, informing him that instead of zero, there should have been $802,000 in Reserve for the Sewer System?

WHERE DID THE MONEY GO...YOU ASK?
   WELL, WHERE DO YOU THINK IT WENT? 

It went where it always goes, to the Lawyers, and the Management Agents.

These parasites; Weinstein, Schmerber, Kluge, Ducey have been on the Board longer than the Dictators of Tunisia, Lybia, and Egypt!

Ducey by way of his relatives...the notorious duo of Brinkendoffer, and Inga Johnson.  If you don’t know the History, get a copy of the Ted Bomba deposition.

The above mentioned morons, have had too much time to get experience at running a Corporation.  They are so incredibly stupid, that they need to hand the operations of very small and simple corporation to profiteers like Thomas Wilkins,  James Ott, and Allan Price Young.

SLCA Corporation is basically owned and operated by Allen Price Young who resigned as solicitor in 1995 when he apparently had some principalis, and decided to return after helping to formulate the UPCA.

The UPCA is an instrument created by Mr. Young. An Act which is designed to enables Attorneys and Management Agents to pillage, and rape the residents of private communities.

It matters little if those communities are formed as for profit, or not-for-profit Corporations.

The UPCA forces property owners to fund any corporate adventure concocted by Attorneys and their Management Agents.

Veiled under the myth of “approved by a majority of the membership” they can do what ever the Attorneys command.

The morons on the Board have no clue, they simply follow the advice of their learned council.

Quorums are meaningless! Quorum it is the device which allows the attorneys to have the Board do their bidding, since the Board will simply approve the measure after the handful of people leave the clubhouse.  Just look at the number of people who show up at a typical meeting!

Unlike the case with wealthy Golfing Private Communities, the lawyers and the Property Managers remain confident that there is not one single property owner in a working class Private Community who has the over $100.000.00 that it would cost to challenge one of the most influential lawyers in Pennsylvania!

It is time to file a class action suit in Federal court against Weinstein, Schmerber, Kluge, Ducey, and to foreclose on their homes and end this 30-year-old nightmare.

Take your cue from the 99 percent. Like The Expert suggested go to the clubhouse with bullhorns and disrupt their meetings, set up a legal fund, and take advantage of the fact that the majority of property owners will definately wake up, when they get that $10,000 Special Assiessment!

puchichis

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »

One thing I have noticed, the vacant foreclosed homes in this community are not selling. Could it be because of SLCA's bad reputation? The sad part is, there is a new home being constructed on the 1100 block of Hawthorne Terrace. Did anyone warn this new homeowner if the catastrophe that is SLCA? And why does the majority of the residents here in SLCA support the current regime. We need to overthrow these clowns now, dissolve the current association and become part of the township. As taxpayers we are entitled to these services offed by our township. Paying "Dues" is just a double dip with no services in return. I don't know about y'all. I haven't paid "Dues" & Security in three years. And, i will not give one rat cent until extreme reform comes to this community. I suggest that the rest of the SLCA membership get on the ball and stop paying and supporting Appletree, Young and the current corrupt board members.     
FIDEL

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »

RNACOR12

THE TOWNSHIP IS THE WAY TO GO!

Petition the Township to take over the Roads, and the Stillwater Sewer Corporation!

There is a ton of money in Sewer Fees coming from the Industrial Park, and the Monroe County Business Development Corporation!

Sell the sewer system to the Township for the price of $1.00!

If it’s going to benefit Businesses, and Corporations believe me the crooked, and meddling politicians, will be laying their bodies across the railroad track, in order to get State and Federal funds to fix the damn thing.

puchichis

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »

Thanks for the tip Fidel. I will get working on it.
puchichis

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »

Seriously, i didn't believe it when i herd it. Vector security does not patrol at night. I saw the Vector car parked with no guard in the guard house. And we keep getting billed for the full amount for 24 hour patrol. That's nuts! Besides the fact that Vector is way past the one year contract and there was no competitive bid after the one year contract was expired. Who are the fools here. We are for allowing this to happen unchallenged. Also besides the fact that i have Ms. Santoro on video tape saying, "Security will be voted on every year". Who is voting here? The membership or the corrupt board members? Why do y'all accept this B.S.! I am taking action by not paying anything i am billed for from this wretched community board and Appletree. Besides, my home was burglarized and vandalized by people that knew we were in Florida for nine months. WHERE WERE YOU VECTOR SECURITY? THERE WAS A CRIME AT MY PROPERTY AND YOU DID NOTHING. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR SECURITY WHEN VECTOR IS AN ARM OF THE MANAGEMENT AND NOT THE HOMEOWNERS HERE AND YOU DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT THE HOMES & PROPERTIES YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT? BTW, Ms. Santoro & the board membership said at that meeting 3 years ago that this (Security) will boost, "property values". Well, i have an announcement to make. Upon review of my home appraisal done last month. My home is valued at 89,900K. That is a steep drop from the 220,000 K that was done three years ago. So let you ask you guys & gals from the board membership? Why should i pay my "Dues" when the roads are like the surface of the moon (At least in my area & not on a board members area), there is no escrow for the sewer system and there are repairs needed in the amount of 8 million dollars, the amenities here are like a park in the ghetto and not updated to 21st century standards. We are going to get assessed for repair to the sewer (EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT ON SEWER) & road repair assessments. What the hell happened to all the escrow money to cover all of these costs. Truth of the matter is, I am tired of the SLCA community & i as sad for the people in this community that can't get out of this mess. Fortunately for us. We have the option to leave and get us another home or move back to our second home in Florida. BTW, our Florida home is not an HOA. In the song words of Irene Cara, What a feeling! the moral of this blog is. Stand up or be stepped on. The choice is yours!   
FIDEL

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »

What happened to Scavello’s House Bill to give folks in Private Communities a reduction in their State taxes, to offset road maintenance dues?

Can someone set up a petition on the web, to demand that the Township take over the Roads, and Sewer Corp.?.

Does anyone have a current list of Stillwater Lakes property owners, so we can send a letter asking them to sign the petition.

Perhaps threaten the Township, that we will get an attorney, and withhold Spring taxes until the Township starts providing the road maintenance services that we all pay for.

Right now those services are denied to us because the Roads are owned by a private Corporation!

But are you:  A) Shareholder   B)  Stockholder   C)  Deeded Member of any Corporation?

Well, if you are not legally compelled to be a member of any corporation, then how does the Township manage to deny you the snow plowing that you are paying for in Spring Taxes?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:11:23 PM by FIDEL » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: