Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
December 14, 2017, 02:45:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: EXTRA!,...EXTRA!....READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!  (Read 18444 times)
THE EXPERT

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »

The PA Supreme Court has ruled against an appeal by the
Pocono Summit Lake Property Owners Association, Inc.,
       Case No. 2370 C.D. 2011

The decision of the Honorable Linda Wallace Miller that an association which was started long after the first parcel of land was sold to purchasers have no legal standing, and are not recognized or sanctioned, by the Uniform Planned Communities Act.

Thus, they can not legally force anyone to pay membership dues, or force any owner to become a member of their organization.

This strikes a death blow against the board of directors of the Stillwater Lakes Civic Association, Inc., as they stand in exactly the same shoes as the Pocono Summit Lake Property Owners Association, Inc..

THAT [my dear friends on the board should cause Klugemania] AS IT IS NOW THE SUPREME LAW IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA!

I WOULD SUGGEST TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS THE NEXT ANNUAL MEETING, THAT A MOTION BE PLACED BEFORE THE MEMBERSHIP, TO ACQUIRE THE SERVICES OF JAMES V. FARERI, ESQUIRE AS COUNCIL AND SOLICITOR FOR THE SLCA.

Noreen

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »

Better yet remove Matt Ducey and Ron Kluge and not revote in Maria Santorro.  Then get competent directors with business skills and knowledge to vote in competent legal advisors, management and security, not companies whose sole purpose is to make as much money off of their clients as possible!
Noreen

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 06:01:31 PM »

I hope everyone got their notices and ballots for the annual meeting scheduled for Saturday, July 13th at 10 am.  There is still no notice on the back lake, and nothing was there or emailed regarding the “Meet and Greet” held last month.  So much for wanting residents informed and involved, and any comments about Jim Ott/Appletree doing a good job are clearly wrong.  As are any sunny forecasts for this community if we keep the same board members that have helped divide this community and get it deeper in debt because of their, and I don’t know how to put this nicely, but plain stupid decisions.  The problem is you have many that lie, cheat and steal, and then will do the same to cover their tracks.  I hear people talking about the beautiful dock and benches that were at the lakes years ago, now long gone.  Benches were gratefully replaced by donations and volunteers.  All of the improvements mentioned were done by donations and volunteers.  So where has your money been going?  To the lawyers for unnecessary lawsuits designed to harass “dissidents,” as well as to pay illegal loans, taken without the knowledge and/or permission of residents.  Now they say there is an extra $100,000 for the roads, but the quoted savings of $500 per month only gives $6,000 per year, barely enough to pave a driveway.  More smoke and mirrors.  The operating surplus of $58,239 and cash balance increase of $84,393 referred to in the notice?  Wiped out by the decrease in restricted cash balance (which I highly doubt was actually spent on eligible restricted expenses) of $167,943, resulting in a decrease of $83,550 in total cash.  Again more smoke and mirrors.  The Wells Fargo $98,000 note paid in full?  I’m guessing refinanced, but I can’t say for sure until I see the entire record. 

To ask the people for $250,000 to do the roads when they have budgeted $50,000 each year yet spent under $13,000 filling potholes while spending in excess of $100,000 on legal fees for unnecessary bullying lawsuits is quite ballsy.  They billed you for services not rendered and are now saying they need more money to do what they originally promised.  To give them more money to squander without any proof of change is insane (you know the definition of insanity – doing the same thing and expecting different results).  The only change seems to be that there’s more donations and volunteers with no proof that the board or management is changing.  The kudos for cutting costs?  That should have been done before things got critical.  Waiting until the situation is dire is not commendable in any way.

Back to insanity.  Matt Ducey and Ron Kluge have been on the board for well over a decade, and Maria Santorro has been on for six years.  Have things gotten better?  Absolutely not.  Maria Santorro’s  comments about fostering a sense of community, arming residents with facts, working smart,…more smoke and mirrors.  The “facts” presented to get security in?  The police department stated they do not keep statistics by communities, just by towns, so where did they come from?  The talk of people getting their throats slit?  Scare tactics.  The copper pipe robberies?  We found out from the police there had been 5 other robberies when our neighbors were victimized and no one was notified.  Did you hear about the other victims this past winter?  We did, but only from the victims, not the board, security, or association.  There is a huge difference between giving the facts and lying/hiding what is going on to make things seem better than they are.  I haven’t even touched on her “fostering a sense of community“ emails from both her and her husband submitted in court documents with comments like ‘this should get them’ and ‘they must be stopped.’ Not to mention that Maria Santorro is the one who motioned for at least 2 frivilous lawsuits that cost the community hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Not very neighborly or budget conscious, is it?
(To be continued.)
ANNA MAE K MILLS

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »

Something my mother told me a long time ago.
When someone does something really bad and
is not held accountable the children pay.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: