Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
March 31, 2020, 12:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear Spotted  (Read 2418 times)
admin
Administrator

« on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »

FYI:
A black bear was sighted Sunday afternoon, June 3, 2012, walking down the middle of Nadine blvd before wandering into the nearby woods.

Video and what to do: http://stillwaterlakes.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=65
Nik

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »

Thanks Admin!  He's a big boy!  I heard about a bear being spotted on a flyer about a missing cat (orange tabby last seen on Alter if anyone has seen it).  So why is it we have to hear about it from flyers and this website but nothing from the community or management?  Isn't it part of what we're paying for?  To be informed of what is going on and to ensure our safety?  They are obviously not doing anything with the roads, so what are they doing with all the money we've been paying for all of these years? Huh
ANNA MAE K MILLS

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:21:04 AM »

The bear has a name, Ben, he has a wife Betty and three kids.Hes lived in the neighborhood
since 2005 that I recall.His only interest is food,so bird feeders up high,garage doors closed,
trash cans closed tight and hard to find.Please do not feed Ben and his family,they are fine on their own.Never fool with the kids,Betty is very protective,more than Ben.Beautiful creatures,that just want to roam free!
puchichis

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »

Ben the bear is harmless. Ben walked up on my wife from behind in the morning in 2009. He got within five feet of her. Then she noticed him and was startled. My spouse just backed away from him slowly and walked up to the deck only to wake me up screaming about a giant bear in our back yard. Looking out the window he was walking away from our property and all I noticed was his huge behind. One morning while jogging he saw him sprinting across Summit Drive. He is fast, never run away from a bear! Marvelous creatures they are. BTW, he has a taste for veggies and fruit. He rummaged thru our garbage can and left the chicken and ribs intact. Ben is my neighbor and he is welcome thru our yard anytime. Short stay of course.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: