Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
October 31, 2020, 05:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How professional is our Board of directors ?  (Read 12930 times)
GeorgiePorgie

« on: June 03, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »

Bring it on, I'am going to bring in the simple small mistakes, and I am sure, just like the last post I started regarding the P.U.C versus Cooperative option, this thing may grow into a monster, but please remember let's stick to some facts, so here we go.

A scheduled meeting was to take a place at he firehouse on May 31-2008, as usual, and no one knows why, it was rescheduled to Jun 21-2008. but not at the fire house this time, rather at the club-house.
Proper notices did not go out as a courtousey, so few people kept showing up at the fire-house.

The board has decided to make it easy on people regarding the schedule change, so they posted the notice informing people about the schedule change.

So here is the question: if members are showing up because they were not sent any notices, and let's say they made the effort to come to the fire-house anyway, why wouldn't the notices be at the fire house ?

I really feel for the three or more wonderful people I met there, one couple from Philly , another couple from Wyomissing, pa , and a mother /daughter drove from NewYork . 

Just think of the gas these people wasted, and the effort and time they have made to make it to the meeting, just to be confronted with curious members, betting that the board failed a small task.

( if anyone wants to supply all the excuses go ahead ) 

To be continued

GeorgiePorgie

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »

Does any of you, whether a member or a board member pay for any services personal or otherwise immediately upon receiving a bill ?
Do you check the result of the work performed or the goods received ?

Ok I'll get to the point, there was no reason at all for us to be out of 1.5 Million Dollars with almost nothing to show for it, we have an alledgeadly a professional board, we have a management company too! afterall we are in the Poconos where service providers ( Plumbers/carpenters/builders/car mechanics ETC are cheating their customers and vice a versa ) so why in the heck our board paid the complete amount to whoever it was related to our sewer problems and now we are in court ?

Prevention is far better than the cure.

I have heard through a credible source, that the proper equipements were hooked up to measure the flow of sewer, and while expecting a huge difference in the measured reading, surprinsingly the measurements were about the same as the data reading before any repair. Why were we ( SLCA ) in a hurry to pay ? If you take your car to have your transmission replaced or your engine fixed, you are entitled to take the car for a road test prior to making any payment !

I have said it loud and clear and  with many witnesses ( WE DON'T HAVE A TOP NOTCH BOARD )

Any questions ?

Mike

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »

Hi Everyone,
The Board is back at denying us our rights.  I along with a group of concerned members attended the Re-Organization Meeting on July 24th and as usual they pulled the executive meeting trick.  Ron Kluge, who from the start of the meeting was acting like he was the president asked us to leave because when it comes to discussing personalities it’s an executive session.  Ron kept repeating that our attorney Andy Ralston said that when it comes to discussing personalities it is an executive session.  I advised the board that they are not allowed to make any decision during executive sessions, and Ron said sorry Mike I’m just following the advice of the attorney.  Then the real President (Dave Weinstein) said “we have to go by what the attorney says”.  To paint a picture, Noreen and April the two newest members, tried to stand up for our rights while the other board members looked like deer in headlights. 

The Facts:
§ 1.45. Executive sessions.
(a) Purpose. An agency may hold a meeting from which the public is excluded for one or more of the purposes in § §  1.46—1.51. (ie  Personnel matters., Purchase or lease of property, Consultation with professional advisors., Privileged, confidential, investigatory and quasijudicial matters.
(e) Official action. Unless otherwise provided by law or exempt under §  1.59 (relating to exemptions), a meeting at which a quorum of the members of an agency take official action with regard to matters discussed at an executive session shall be open to the public.  (Every Vote or Decision our board made during an executive session is illegal this means the security with Vector (and not getting other bids), road contracts, NEPA contract which they are illegally withholding and backing Tom Wilkins instead of the members and their rights, the illegal sale of our First Right of Refusal, everything)

§ 1.46. Personnel matters.
(a)  Scope. An agency may hold an executive session to discuss a matter related to the employment, appointment, termination of employment, evaluation of performance, promotion or disciplining of a specific prospective, current or former public officer or employee employed by the agency. (Our Board members are so called volunteers and not employed by SLCA. They are public officers, but not employed ones, and not personnel.

After the illegal executive session, guess who became the new president? 
In my opinion, the new president started his term denying us of our rights, and making illegal decisions that affect all of us.  I do not want a president or board members who do not stand up for our rights.  If I had the power, every one of those board members with the exception of Noreen and April, would be gone.  And I would get a new attorney for giving them constant bad legal advice. 

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:33:07 PM by Mike » Logged
THE EXPERT

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

Mike:
   When attorney Alan Price Young resigned as solicitor for the association in 1995, he recommended that the entire board resign.
   They all refused!
   One by one they were forced to resign, only when they were place in a pine box, and were no longer eligible to be appointed by their comrades on the Board.
   How many times can the same individuals be President and Vice President?
    They are a segment of the same crew that brought you:

(1)   The Brinkerndorffer - Inga Johnson Scandal
      (2)   The  Hawkeye Run Bridge Disaster.
      (3)   The Road that looked like the Ho Chi Ming trail
      (4)   The Angelo Cretella-Dave Weinstein-Theodore Bomba-Lucille Colaneri Financial Scandal.
      (5)   The missing $802, 000 from the Sewer, Water, and Road Maintenance Reserves.
      (6)   Thomas Wilkins along with
Code:
his attorneys Joseph S. Wiesmeth/Andrew H. Ralston

.      (7)   NEPA (milk us dry) Management & Associates
      (Cool   A Costly Loss in Federal Court.
      (9)   Huge increase in Insurance costs as a result of the above judgment.
      (10)   A 1-1/2 Million dollar Sewer Repairs Disaster.
      (11)   An unforeseen multi-million dollars Sewer Catastrophe.
      (12)    The immense legal costs of avoiding P.U.C. oversight.
      (13)   TO BE ANNOUNCED
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:23:47 PM by THE EXPERT » Logged
Inquizative

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »

To the Expert:

I am aware of the letter and have seen it myself; I would like a copy of the letter.  This way I can have it as evidence for the Meeting on thursday. 

Can anyone Scan it and send it to my e-mail.?

-April

•   People’s deeply ingrained assumptions, generalizations and images influence how they see the world and what actions they take (McNurlin, B. & Sprague, R. 2006).
•   The only sustainable competitive advantage is the ability to organize effectively, respond to change, and manage well (Lawler, 2003).
Spitfire

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 10:37:50 PM »

April, I'll work on getting you a copy of the letter, and to whomever else would like a copy, just email me a request for it.

Keep one thing in mind...if and when you bring it up, their response will be "that was 13 years ago". In other words, the room will fill with smoke as they attempt to take you off track of the "FACT" that there are still current members on the board that were there when it all happened back then. They'll claim that they took a class (at our expense of course) and that things are different now.

Well, in my honest opinion...things ARE different. "Big Brother is watching this time around"; well, more like Brothers and Sisters are watching.

I strongly suggest that during this next meeting you bring up the whole "First rights of refusal" issue. I'm pretty sure you'll get at least one of the other board members to second the motion.

We can only hope that there exist another honest soul amongst your other 5 counter parts that will soon see the light, or maybe even two honest souls. (Then the ladies will rule on the board...wink! wink!)

I would also like if you could question and/or clear a rumor that during the vote in which you became our second Night(est) in shining armor, Wilkins walked into the office during the count, with a big batch of "Mystery" ballots. Where are those ballots? I'd like to see the postage on the envelopes. I'd like to see those little numbers at the top right of the ballots matched up with all those in good standing to vote.

I would also ask that you motion to have the new Prez cut the Poo-Poo platter regarding having the meetings video taped. Plain and simple..."By the book we live, by the book we die!"

It is the very same by-laws that they use against us when it is convenient for them, so with that said, it is our right under same by-laws that we WILL video tape every meeting.

Mr. President...you have three choices;

1. Call in regional to have us stop video taping! We'll call the police report Exibit "N"...or whatever letter we're up to.

2. Adjourn your meeting to another date and time (just make sure you notify us when's the next meeting, as your attorney (not ours) signed a document agreeing (all board members agreed as well) that you will notify us of all meetings)...at that point, we start back at number 2. above. (Can you see the never-ending cycle here?)

3. Sit back, relax, and "smile...your on cantdenyit camera".

Yours Blazing, moulting and with a side order of red hot embers,

Spitfire

GeorgiePorgie

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 09:31:47 AM »

Forget the response as to what happened in the past !

This whole issue about things happened in the past, was brought up by Maria Santoro " The board here is half new " , and " there are things that happened in the past ".

Please do not forget, the issue was brought up by George, during the June 18 informative meeting, and it was regarding keeping the community in the dark about the P.U.C. Issue.

Facts: The order from the P.U.C. was issued on January 28-2008 ,the board acknowledged receipt of the order as of Feb-6-2008 , the board kept the community in the dark regarding this issue for at least 90 days. These facts are easily proven through the raw video of June 18-2008 informative session with our counsel Mr. Andrew Ralston.

More facts : all board members were aware of the problem, all were on the board before Jan 28-2008. So whom is Maria trying to fool ? These are only recent events, and even the new board members ( Maria, Bonnie ) were very aware of the P.U.C. issue. Believe it or not, the remaining board members unknowingly commited a conspiracy. As defined in the dictionary :"  secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act "

More facts:

A-Was the meeting secret ? Yes ( George and Mike were kicked out for " as usual"  EXECUTIVE SESSION )
B-Were there two or more People ? are you kidding ? it was a unanimous decision !  ( but Bonnie and Maria were absent at the time).
C-Was the act unlawful ? of course it was , that's why the resulting chaotic meeting on June 21st, and the admission of one of the board members ( Curtis Moore ) of what was done was actually discovered by the lawyer to be wrong :"The lawyer told us we couldn't do that "

As a result of their actions, should we call them "The Conspirators " or "Honorable board members " ? you'll be the judge.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:29:09 PM by GeorgiePorgie » Logged
THE EXPERT

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:38:47 PM »

HOW PROFESSIONAL IS OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS?

SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE, AND MANY, MANY, MORE WITH THE ENTIRE WORLD!

JUST LOG ON @:

(http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=LIVING)

A BIG HELLO, AND A HUGE WELCOME TO:

RON, DAVE, NANCY, BONNIE, MARIA, ERNIE, TOMMY, PATTY, AND LET'S NOT FORGET ANDREW!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:33:47 AM by THE EXPERT » Logged
Spitfire

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »

This is great!!!

Exposure is key to reducing and/or eliminating the abuse, we as homeowners are enduring as we patiently wait for the empire to crumble. I look forward to a "better home and garden" as well.
Mike

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 03:49:52 AM »

Hi RNACOR12,
The August 12th meeting was very exciting since it was king Ron’s first meeting as ruler.  The meeting started out as usual, in Executive session, so they can hide from the members.  They apparently decided to change the bylaws to prevent  members from  video taping meetings, and King Ron order us to turn our video cameras off.  However, King Ron forgot to check the Bylaws which state, “These Bylaws may be amended at any Annual or Special meeting “ only.  As a desperate act of defiance, we bravely decided to continue taping, expecting the full wrath of Ron, and than he said, he will fine us.  It’s the first time I will ever be fined for doing something I have every right to do.  I’ll keep everyone updated….

The board continued to discuss community related issues.  Later in the meeting, Noreen brought up the illegal sale of the First Right of Refusal  to Tom Wilkins.  It was sold for $8,000 because we “needed the money,” yet it generated $19,500 the first year and $12,000 plus the second year!  It is a very valuable asset that the board gave away/was duped into selling.  My feeling was that the board members, except for Noreen and April, though that this was a smart sale.  They sold an assest that gives for ever, however in our boards defence, Bonnie said, well we get 25 dollars for each sale…  All I could say is, this board should be removed for such ineptness. 

For the full video please contact us.
Spitfire

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 11:05:49 PM »

Mike and all,

As I write this post, I am also in the process of packaging the "petition" to send it out to Ron Kluge (President) and copy the rest of the board members. As per our by-laws(Article II. Section C) a special meeting can be called in three ways.

1. the president calls it himself
2. majority of board members request and sign for it
3. twenty (20) percent of members in good standing request it

We fall under #3 above. As all of you that signed may already know, the petition specifically states on the top that its purpose is for the "Removal of Directors".

Our intentions are to call this special meeting to have all current board members, step down from their positions for not fulfilling their fiduciary duties.

Many of the members of the association have witnessed a majority of the board members violating our rights in ways of supporting NEPA as apposed to the members they have an obligation to.

Anyone that did not get a chance to sign the petition, please send me an email on how you feel about what is going on, or if you have any questions.

I thank all of you that did indeed sign the petition, and for your patience.

This is only the beginning and I ask that if you would like to keep informed of our next moves that you please respond to this post, or send me an email in confidence. I am currently in contact with a little over 100 other homeowners within the community, so if anyone has a concern that they would like to address to the other homeowners without the board knowing (Kind of like our own version of "Executive Session"), please feel free to email me.

In a far greater battle than ours, a very famous person once wrote a song that contained the following words, "We shall overcome".

...there was also another famous song by the Carpenters I'd like to quote, "We've only just begun".

Spitfire
A.K.A David Nieves
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:22:33 PM by Spitfire » Logged
puchichis

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »

Thank's for the update. How can i see the recorded video? I hope to see you at the next scheduled meeting.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:50:23 PM by RNACOR12 » Logged
THE EXPERT

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »

HEY EVERYBODY:

Check out this website!

http://www.pvtgov.org/pvtgov/
puchichis

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:36 PM »

Thank's for the lead expert. How can we apply this to our situation ?
THE EXPERT

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »

RNACOR12:

As an information source where we can educate ourselves concerning the political power of Home Owners Associations.

FOR EXAMPLE:

1. MYTH: The HOA attorney represents you, and will assist you in your claims of wrongdoing against the board.

REALITY: The attorney represents the HOA as reflected by the board. He defends the fictitious person, the HOA, that is the attorney’s client.

2. MYTH: In spite of your contractual CC&Rs, your civil and fundamental rights are still protected by the Constitution.

REALITY: As a private contract, your CC&Rs have priority over the Bill of Rights, unless those particular rights are so enumerated by the US Supreme Court, such as the Fair Housing Act. People have the freedom to contract and can surrender their rights as happens, many times unexpectedly, as stated by the CC&Rs.

3. MYTH: Disputes are resolved by an independent tribunal with an opportunity to examine witnesses and the charges.

REALITY: Generally, the board issues complaints and decides the issue.

4. MYTH: You can file a complaint with the local government for enforcement of state law violations by the board.

REALITY: HOA disputes are treated as private disputes, and local police / attorneys do not get involved. Filing a civil suit is generally required, even in the case of a state law violation.

5. MYTH: If unhappy with the board, homeowners can vote the board out in any election as elected public officials can be voted out.

REALITY: There are no protections against violations of the election process, nor oversight of fair elections since the incumbent board, like a corrupt political machine, controls the elections and hears any claims of voting irregularities. Unlike a public government, the board does not represent the homeowner, but the HOA and must defend its purpose, first and foremost, without concern for individual liberties.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: