Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
October 20, 2017, 09:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Road conditions and repairs  (Read 8400 times)
admin
Administrator

« on: February 22, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

The roads are a mess! It's like they are crumbling before our very eyes.  The board stated that they would have a special meeting to discuss the road repair schedule.  If we hear anything we'll let you know.  Does anyone have any ideas why Hemlock was paved when it seemed like it was in better shape than most of the others?
STONEHEAD2505
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »

AT THE 1/19/08 OPEN MEETING I ASKED THE BOARD I HOLD
 SPECIAL MEETING ABOUT THE ROAD REPAIRS SINCE IT A TOPIC
OF GREAT CONCERN TO ALL RESIDENTS!! DAVE WEINSTEIN
SAID THEY WOULD.
5/17/08 WAS ANOTHER OPEN MEETING AND AGAIN ROADS
BECAME A TOPIC.I ASKED ABOUT THE SPECIAL MEETING BUT
MY QUESTION DID NOT GET AN ANSWER!!THERE WAS TALK OF
HOW THE SCHOOL BUSES RUIN THE ROADS DURING THAT DISCUSSION
A GENTLEMAN INTERUPTED AND STATED THAT IF THE ROADS WERE
DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME WE WOULD NOT BE HERE NOW TALKING
ABOUT THE SAME OLD UNANSWERED QUESTIONS!!!
I THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT AND REALIZED HOW TRUE THE GENTLEMAN
STATEMENT WAS,AND HOW FUTILE IT WAS TO GET A STRAIT ANSWER
FROM THE BOARD.THE PRIME FUNCTION OF THE BOARD IS TO MAINTAIN
THE ROADS / SEWER AND A SMALL COMMON AREA.[THATS ALL]
       5/20/08 I JUST WENT OUT AND DISCOVERED THEY ARE PAVING
WOODLAND AGAIN!!!!THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THAT SAT. AT THE
MEETING,AND I DID ASK WHY THE TAR SPREADER WAS PARKED ON
THE BASKETBALL LOT!!!I TRUELY DO NOT UNDER THE LOGIC!!!!!!!
puchichis

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »

It amazes me that woodland drive was once again paved and my street ajacient to woodland drive ( Hawthorne Terrace ) was not paved. I did notice however, SLCA maintenance crew dumping  bags of asphalt on the craters on Hawthorne Terrace and flatening the asphalt with the red dump truck. Way to go crew! ( Sarcasm ) However, the right hand curve on Hawthorne Terrace going north to hemlock drive was not patched and it is now a serious trip hazzard. Can anyone say road neglect. How can the road crew miss that massive five foot depression. Huh
THE EXPERT

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »

ROAD CONDITIONS AND REPAIRS?

SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE, AND MANY, MANY, MORE WITH THE ENTIRE WORLD!

JUST LOG ON @:

(http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=LIVING)

A BIG HELLO, AND A HUGE WELCOME TO:

RON, DAVE, BONNIE, MARIA, ERNIE, AND LET'S NOT FORGET ANDREW!

BIG LOU

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

They Stink
ANNA MAE K MILLS

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 08:09:16 AM »

Looks like 2009 will be a repeat of 2008!!!!
A board member once told me that if a board
member misses two meetings they are asked to
resign!!!!
                    Annie
David

Taking Back our Community!...

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »

...and a famous line from the latest movie about former President Nixon. (Frost Nixon)

"When the president does it, it is not a crime!"

Well folks, apparently the meeting was canceled, supposedly because there wasn't a forum. (At least 4 board members present)

I could understand that each and every board member in this community has a life beyond being a board member; however, to the best of my knowledge, Noreen and April were ready, willing and able; Bonnie and Dave were spotted at home. That's 4 right there. Anyone spot the other three in town?

I think it's about time we the home owners begin having our own meetings and I would suggest the clubhouse. The clubhouse is ours for the using. ...and after all, we are technically paying back the loan our board decided to take out on it, so why not make ourselves at home.

Please be on the look out for future invitations for homeowner meetings. These are NOT board member meetings. We need to begin discussing the future of our community.

Some topics of discussion will be:

• Current security situation (Not necessarily ousting all together, but allowing all homeowners to vote on it fairly as we were originally told)
  • Ousting the board
  • A plan for a transparent method of operating this community (actually having the books open, notifying all home owners of any/and all financial issues prior to making decisions
  • Having the PUC regulate us

Please feel free to add other topics of interest to this post.

Thank you,

David
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:19:30 AM by David Nieves » Logged

Concerned Citizens of a Pocono Community
"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
CESAR R CESPEDES

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

It amazes me how there are more potholes then road on Leisure Lane they fill one pothole in the front of my driveway but they failed to fill 3 crates at the other entrance of my driveway this problem has to be resolved is there anything else we can do as a community Angry
gojira87

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »

The intersection of Whisper and Thunder is ATROCIOUS!!!! I firmly believe my ball joints to my truck were eaten by the potholes here.
admin
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 02:07:33 AM »

Every intersection in this development is ATROCIOUS because rather than put our money into maintaining the sewer system, roads, pool, clubhouse, lakes, and our property values, they use our money to protect their own assets

Good example, this website is letting property owners express their opinions (Freedom of speech) and because they don't like what people are saying they spend tens of thousands of dollars of our money trying to shut it down.  Ironically telling the courts that its infringing on the products and services they provide in commerce.  They don't even provide the services property owners pay for, much less products and services to the general public.  I just have five terms that describe what I believe is going on in this development:
Fraud, Embezzlement, Conversion, Theft, and self-dealing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:47:33 AM by admin » Logged
puchichis

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 04:34:42 AM »

Not to mention that security works for Appletree and the Board. Not the residents.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:19:27 AM by puchichis » Logged
David

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »

Not to mention that security works for Appletree and the Board. Not the residents.

Speaking of Security...

I've had several folks approach me regarding security. Ironically 9 out of 10 times the issues have been about fines they've received, and NOT about how pissed they SHOULD be that, first off...security was voted in illegally!, and second and more intriguing is that many DO KNOW that the security hours have been cut down to 16 hours a day while the board still continues to bill almost $300/ a year for it.

Really!!! I know it sounds cliche, but you know how the saying goes folks..."If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"!!!

This saying also applies to any of the board members who are either too stupid or too arrogant to see that there are some very serious crimes being committed here. Either way, if they continue to stand on firm ground with the truly guilty parties here, then sadly, they too will ALL have to pay the consequences.

The time may come that through a thick glass window, via a two way phone, someone will be asking their wife, husband, uncle, cousin, daughter, friend etc. ..."Was it all worth it"?

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
David

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »

Below is a link to an old Posting on this website which should prove quite helpful to anyone being currently harassed and or sued by the boards recently new acquired collection attorney.

http://www.stillwaterlakes.net/forum/index.php?topic=74.msg545#msg545

Though this person actually WON a lawsuit against the board already in the past, ANYONE can do the same.

"Raise your hands up!"
WWW.PAHRC.ORG
puchichis

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »

I am happy to announce that the lawsuit my son had against SLCA for defective road conditions on Hawthorne Terrace in 2011 has settled. I want to thank my attorney Paul Oven from DLP law office in Moosic, Pa for his professionalism and persistence in telling SLCA that they were liable for my sons growth plate fracture that he sustained while riding his bicycle up and down Hawthorne Terrace and he fell off his bike while riding his bike and hitting a leaf covered crater that caused his traumatic injury.

Let it be known that a president has been set. If your kid is injured because of the horrible road conditions in SLCA and it is well documented that the roads were in disrepair and reported to management numerous times. You too can sue SLCA and recover a significant amount of money for your kid as compensation for injuries sustained while using SLCA roads that you pay yearly maintenance for.

I was told that you can't sue the association. News flash! Yes you can and you can win! My son did! Protect yourselves and your children from injury at all costs, but when your child is hurt because of no fault of their own because of crater filled neglected roads, your only option is to get compensation for your child's injury and medical expenses. 

I no longer live in SLCA, Thank God. But I pray for all of y'all that continue the struggle against the Board and the Management corporation.

Best wishes,
Puchichis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: