Activists at Stillwater lakes Forum
September 23, 2014, 08:18:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Only registered members are allowed to access this forum. Please login below or click -here- to register an account with Stillwaterlakes.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garbage Pick Up  (Read 3790 times)
socaflex

« on: March 07, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »

Hello to all i am new to stillwaterlakes just called pocono rubbush removal to start garbage pick up only to find out there are not accepting any new clients. Can someone help me out with any other companies i can call. I appreciate any help thank you.
Noreen

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:40:33 PM »

Hi Socaflex.

Welcome to the neighborhood!  We use Waste Management (800.222.2028).  They are a bit more than some, but are the only ones who have recycling pickup (last time I checked, 2+ years ago).  It's $81.22 for one container for 3 months (which works out to be about $27 a month total, including the fuel surcharge), and $5.50 a month for recyclables.  Since we like to recycle, and you can have as many recyclables as you want, it makes it worth it.  Please let us know what other companies and prices you get.  Also, we thought if we could get enough people we could possibly negotiate a group rate.  If anyone's interested let us know.
socaflex

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:59:13 PM »

thanks for your reply and i will check them out a try to set up an account sometime in the week. i will keep you posted. Also how big is the container about how many bags can it hold.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:07:43 PM by socaflex » Logged
Noreen

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »

Ours is a standard garbage container, although I've seen larger ones out on garbage day.  We can fit about 3 large garbage bags.
STONEHEAD2505
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »

HELLO AND WELCOME!!!!
        I KNOW YOU CALLED POCONO SANITATION
AND YOU HAVE WASTE MANAGEMENT NUMBER.
        I USE POCONO SANITATION ONE CAN $23.50
A MONTH I DO NOT RECYCLE.
        SOMETIME WHEN YOU CALL ON THE PHONE
THE INFORMATION IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT.
        IT IS GOOD TO ACTUALLY STOP THE DRIVER
OF THE TRUCK.THEY KNOW MORE THAN THE OFFICE!!!
POCONO PICKS UP MONDAYS
WASTE MANAGEMENT WED
ADDRESS FOR POCONO
CHARLES BUCKY LINDER
RR9 BOX 9475
MOSCOW,PA 18444
1 800 791 8401         
larryds
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »

I've used Pocono Sanitation for about 4 years - when I started it was $23 and change, now it is about $34. It went up every year, due to dumping costs, management costs etc.
Noreen

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 04:29:19 PM »

I just called RHS in Tobyhanna - I've seen their truck around.  They charge $23 a month for one 35 gallon container  and it includes recycling!  570.894.2824   
Dee Hannigan

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 06:22:07 PM »

Hi!  I have nothing to add to this thread, but to say 'YAY!' This is what I'd hoped this site would be, to help each other out and get info.  Keep up the
good work!
socaflex

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »

Thanks for all the replies looks like everyone in the community should sign up for one service so maybe we can get a group rate. Maybe we can try this route so that everyone saves. just a thought.
Noreen

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

I agree Dee!  I think if we communicate and work together only good can come of it! 

I called RHS and asked about a group rate and they said it's just not possible to discount any more with the rising fuel costs.  I did get some more information though.  For 2 containers it's $27 per month, 3 is $29, and any extra containers are $3.50 (for those times when you have more garbage than usual).  We're going to switch to them - the price is good and they're local.  If anyone gets better prices let us know.  Also, if anyone has any ideas of other ways we can work together and save let us know.  I'm sure the gas prices are squeezing all of us.
socaflex

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »

That sounds like a deal think i will give them a call definitely.
Noreen

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 11:27:40 AM »

I'm sorry to say that RHS, although they say their fees include recycling, do not.  After signing up with them, the first week they didn't pick up our recycling.  The next time I saw the guy throw everything, garbage and recycling, in one container.  I called to complain and was told she would talk to him.  I didn't see him the next few times, but this morning watched him drag the recycling container to the other side of the truck and throw it in there.  It all went in the same bin!!!  I realize they are a small business, but to lie like that is wrong.
Spitfire

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 08:59:22 AM »

Hey everybody,

I use Panther waste, they seem to be the new kids on the block. I pay them 84 bucks for three months, which amounts to about 28 bucks a month. This is for two 35 Gallon Bags per week and the recycle is included. They pick up the recycle every other week, so if our cans and bottles gets to heavy I usually drop it off at there place, which is only about two miles from the front gate of Stillwater Lakes. I never thought about it before, but I too think its a great idea for us to get one company to pick them all up for a discount rate. Even if the price doesn't drop substantially, we could probably work things out so that if there's a day that I have only 1 bag to go out and my immediate neighbor has three, maybe they could just squash that without charging extra. I'll call them today to see if they would offer us a group rate. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put the service up for bidding.

Too bad our current association fees are being used so wisely to cover our water waste (sewer), otherwise we might have enough there to cover our solid waste.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: